View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #31
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: First LSx swap in progress

-
Well, I set the engine in today but I'm not real happy with The POL engine mount frame brackets. The drivers side fits like a glove and all of the bolts dropped right in, but the passengers side is another story. The top bolt holes line up with the holes in the frame but the bracket is a good 1/2" above the frame rail, and the cross member holes don't even start to line up. I'm wondering if I could just cut the piece of tubing off that the long bolt for the rubber mount goes through, bolt the frame bracket to the frame & cross member, lower the engine down with the rubber mount all assembled and then weld the piece of tubing back to the frame mount. That might be the easiest way to correct it. I have the engine in the I-6 position but I may have to move it forward because the large hole in the valve cover for the crankcase vent hose is against the firewall.

First two pictures are where I trimmed the frame for the frame mount brackets. Third one is with the engine installed, fourth is the non-fitting frame bracket.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote