View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 02:16 AM   #47
t-tung

Re: "Pinché Caliché" '57 StepSide/LSx/CrownVic

Well slowly but surely it's coming along. Got the rear end completely bolted up, rear of the frame boxed-in and braced. I removed some crossmembers and replaced them with some sch80 tubing further rearward to make room for a tank under the bed if i want to run dual tanks down the road. For now, I'm going to run a 19 gallon aluminum tank from RCI in the bed with an inline pump.

Got the control/trailing arm bushing in but they're the wrong ones. :headbang: Anyways, got the front-end boxed from the firewall forward. If I'm thinking about this right, there shouldn't be much if any torque from the motor up front since it will be bolted directly to the Ford crossmember instead of the framerails......which should eliminate the twisting effect (torque and twisting will still show where the transmission bolts to the crossmember & frame and at the rear springs.... I could be wrong though) Speaking of which, I went out on a limb and ordered these conversion mounts from Dirty Dingo out of AZ.

http://dirtydingo.com/store/product_...oducts_id=1375
4.6 is what came out of the crossmember donor. That's what they're made for, I'm just not using them in a M*stang though. Dimensions should be the same but you never know.....(see issue with control arm bushings) We'll cross that road when we get there.

Went ahead, bit the bullet, saved myself the cussing and high blood-pressure and ordered a plug-n-play harness and brakelight switch from PSI and I'm already glad I did. The guys were awesome to talk to..... answered all of my questions, made suggestions of what I may need but weren't pushy at all about it.... just really good guys to talk to.

Got the harness in the mail today, opened it up and felt pretty confident I could do this....especially after I flipped through the INSTRUCTIONS (yeah I know...who does that?) Everything is explained really well and everything is plainly labeled. Looking forward to getting the motor and trans out of the donor and bolted in.

Oh yeah, a little harware p*rn for y'all.... picked up some longtube headers from Texas Speed & Performance in Georgetown. Hopefully they play nicely with the motor mounts I ordered from Dirty Dingo. I'm hopeful because the mounts are tucked in close to the block and go straight down instead of outward to the framerails
t-tung is offline   Reply With Quote