Thread: Heat sucks
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 02:10 PM   #51
clemsonteg

Re: Heat sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by my67c20 View Post
So let me get this right, no insulation, current temperature of about 25 deg, with a high of around 50 deg. First off air is a poor conductor of heat. With that said, the warm air, cause that's about all your getting at those outside air temps, is mixing with the cold steel and air contained near the floor, causing you lower extremities to feel cool, which in turn sucks the heat from your core body temperature, which eventually makes everything feel colder. I would suggest getting some type of carpet, even if it is only one of those carpet squares that have some insulation on the bottom, as a temporary measure to make things feel warmer. From reading the thread, it seems your system is working properly, but you not only have mother nature against you, but also air fighting general issues with air. Just me 2 cents.
I would tend to agree. I guess my concern is that the air blowing from the vents is not very warm, especially when moving. It's apples to oranges, but my daily driver puts out extremely warm air once the vehicle is up to operating temp. I will need to put a temp gauge on it to provide a more accurate reading.
clemsonteg is offline   Reply With Quote