View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 10:26 AM   #39
Longmire85

Re: 2000 CCSB Rescue Project: "Doube D"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
I got your PM, I figured it would be easier if I answered your questions here.

Wheels : I don't recall what BS my Akuza wheels were. They were a little off though. They stuck out just a bit too far. The 338's are 20X8.5 with 5.25"BS. Tires are 255/45/20 up front and 275/45/20 out back. They fit real nice although I did roll the fenders for extra clearance. The tires rubbed on big dips with the Akuza's but have lots room with the 338's.

Lowering : I see that you have DJM parts. I'm not sure if the spindles are the same as Bell Tech's (BT) but the BT spindles push the wheel out a little bit. I found this out too late as I already had the spindles. A little extra room would have been nice. Since you are concerned about space up front, this is something you want to check up on. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

The only real problem I've had are the rear shocks. The BT ones I had were too long. I bought some shock relocators from BT but haven't installed them yet. I have to tear mine apart for an airbag upgrade, so I'll tackle this then.

That's about all I can think about right now, if I remember anything else I'll be sure to let you know.
First off, thanks for replying so fast, and giving me all the info. I really appreciate it! I took some time to read your entire build thread last night, and damn, I didn't realize someone had stolen your crew cab! I'm glad you got it back though!

I am relieved to hear that you were able to run 20x8.5 338's with a 5.25" backspace. That's pretty much the same exact dimensions on the replicas I want to run! I was looking into the same tire combo as well. So now I have to research is the difference between DJM and BT Spindles. Hopefully the shocks I bought from DJM will work out in the rear too. They mark them as a part of 3/4 and 1 ton drop kits. This actually may work

Ill be going an extra inch up front, but if I trim the fenders I should be ok. You haven't had any turning/clearance issues with your 338's up front have you? Most everyone looses some turning radius obviously, but from what you described it seems your set up is right on the money.

I shall consult with the drop gods on my spindles!
Longmire85 is offline   Reply With Quote