View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 06:10 PM   #350
Grizz1963

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

Today Martin and I went over to Disasterbus, Kerry's place after I "rented" his Mondeo ST Estate to collect a 1.97 meter by 1.0 meter rolling door steel filing cabinet for my garage, and to check out his Stepside C10 Chevy.

First things first was a thorough inspection and critique of Kerry's truck, which it turns out, is even better than shown on his thread, he really got a clean, low mileage truck.
And I loved the 175/80 -15 tyres on the rear, they do suit the arches just right.

After 3 hours, coffee, inspecting his Classic Mk1 Mini Cooper, pleasing/teasing the hound and a load of chatting it started to come down with sleet and some rain mixed in.......

We decided it was time to hand him back to his family, and load up the cabinet and head for home with our bounty..... Which included the cabinet, and large Nike shoe box full of American car magazines and best of all in my book, a manual fire alarm bell which will be mounted on the side of the house on the wall for Post men, deliveries etc in case I am down at the garage.

Thanks a mil for the hospitality and gifts Kerry, good to see you again as always.

Tight fit once the cabinet was in the back of the car...... 75 miles crunched up like armadillos, a breeze.

Said Fire Alarm bell, note the handle, you turn the handle to make it ring.

I am sure the delivery guys will get a kick out of cranking that sucker over.

When we got in, I started up the oven to cook the pizzas Nicola had left for us, as she has gone to Paris for a week with her daughter.
While we were over at Kerry's place we noticed that his filler cap was not a locking cap, fortunately I had a locking GM unit, unused, that Martin had given me to try on my tank, on which it does not fit for some reason, so I fetched it, and some of the other ones, now Kerry just needs to choose the right one for his truck, then it will be out in the post along with the sheet metal glove box inner I will be cutting, folding for him tomorrow.

All in all, another great day out, thank to our shared hobby of old cars, trucks.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote