View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 04:12 AM   #354
Grizz1963

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh1965 View Post
Johnny we are in the same vote with the cost of shipping it back to brothers . The worst thing is I contacted them a week ago,with pictures and asked there take on it, and still have no answer . The most disappointing thing is if you have followed my thread you would have seen how much we have spent with them .

VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE COMES TO MIND
Thanks for the above reply Johnny, I think companies like this rely on many customers just putting up with bad service.

The best way to deal with them would be solidarity in voting with your feet and wallet, but usually we do not do that.

Still, after the rain there is sunshine.......

Quality is ****e, and we will be painting the rears of the bumpers with Hammerite as well, as most seem to rust from behind first, so prevention etc....

However, this quality issue has allowed us to investigate and seek other solutions to the holes.

One of them Martin found ( I think he is part Bloodhound ) is very small LED Spotlights that fit the holes with a neat ally nut/neck and even if you need to enlarge the holes by a few mm's it would be fine as it already is "damaged" there.

Both of us have to reverse down the side of our homes to park up in our garages, as the properties here are often narrow, and in my case, it would take a 27 point turn to get the truck turned around at the garage, so having reversing lights makes a load of sense.

In the UK we need to have separate turn signals, so my reverse lights have become turn signals, leaving the truck without adequate reversing lights for when I come home late from car shows etc.
The bumper holes are too low to put turn signals into as well for safety as they would be out of sight.

So the search goes on to find a perfect replacement or filler for the holes.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote