View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #105
gmcnoob

Re: 86 GMC Sierra Classic 2500 questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrank View Post
Your oil pump is fine. Those pressure readings seem normal to me. As for the oil leak you could start by just pulling one intake bolt at a time and apply some aviation gasket sealer to the threads than re-install. I have had coolant puddle up on the intake before from the manifold bolts leaking, but never oil although it could be possible. I would start by applying sealant to the intake bolts first though as thats cheap and easy to do. Good luck!!!!!
Thanks. This will be the first thing I try today.

Just when I think everything is almost done I run into more stuff to wrench on. I was messing around yesterday checking and cleaning all of my brakes. Rear drums and shoes are in good shape. I couldn't believe how massive and heavy that drum was compared to my car. Front rotors and pads also good except for one thing. I broke the passenger side bleeder valve way back when I started messing with the truck and realized that side never got bled. Broken bolts have become my worst enemy. Because I'm an idiot I always wondered why the truck pulls to the left a little while braking.... It's because I never completed the job. Long story short, that bleeder is not coming out. I wasted more time than I care to admit trying to get it out. The question is can I get away with replacing the one caliper and reusing the current pads or is it new calipers and pads for both sides? I think it know the answer but am looking for confirmation.

A couple of things I would recommend to any beginner like me. Always use some type of anti seize for certain bolts and always use dielectric grease for your bulbs and other electrical connections. Some of the experts here can correct me if I'm wrong on that but I think it will save you the frustration I have gone through.... And whatever you do, don't break bolts. Just don't. Be patient and don't try to force them like I did.
gmcnoob is offline   Reply With Quote