View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 06:16 PM   #368
Grizz1963

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

I was tempted not to post up these pics as requested, as Martin would rather search out all the Cherry Bargains than take photos........

Thanks to Don for posting up the early pic I texted through to him.

Mate Martin, Disasterbus and Jim and I met up early today to go seek bargains for our vehcles.

Spured on by all the bargains he got last year, including a door for his truck at £100.00, new front screen rubber for a tenner and a full new cab mount rubber kit for £35.00 we all had our skates on.

And it was Martin who drew first blood with a lovely pair of old skool bullet shaped chrome lights, with interchangeable clear or red lenses.

Through the day we all found real bargains and items we wanted or needed.

Kerry, Disasterbus got a brand new full rear rollpan for his truck at £40.00, that he will probably bring over soon, to weld up and probably paint at my place. He also picked up a lovely old sideplate sized V8 hubcap for garage art.

My bargain of the day was a pair of 2.5" used stainless tailpiece tips that took me an hour or more to clean up with metal polish. Not perfect, as I really wanted a set of square/rectangular Range Rover type tips. But at £10.00 for the pair, I had to have them.

Here then are the pics, as they came off my mobile phone camera.

I have also wanted a pair of bumper over riders as long as I have had the truck, this vendor was prepared to let me have these for £25.00 although they are Pre-60 items, and if I could make them fit, I would then have to get them chromed, so the voice of reasoning suggested I wait till I find a pair of chromed ones, so I walked away.

Dead cool hearse, sounded rather nice and quietly menacing when it drove by later.

I think I would like one of these.......

At that price I ask myself, what did the seller pay for it and to land it here?

TECHNOLOGY !! LOVE IT !!

Martin Googling some pics to show Disasterbus what his Stepside would look like with a rear rollpan fitted.

Of course that made the decision easy.

60-66 Chevy C10's seem to be suddenly picking up in presence and value. Good news for all owners I guess.

Another C10. Read description.

OHHHHH HOW I WANT ONE OF THESE.

Never seen one of them before, no idea what they are called.

Chevy Power in a Ford.

Quite like these.

This was just perfectly understated and clean.

There were many more, and a few nice cars that I missed for various reasons.

Again a great Swapmeet, meeting old mates and finding bits needed for builds.

Just needed to be warmer.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote