View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #7
86c20

Re: Manual/Standard Transmission guys

i have asked alot of trans swap ? as i have the sm465. and looking for the better splits and an od. now i will say that i am not nice to trans at all. my c20 i am wondering why i have not blow that trans up yet. i will race anyone at any time i am also the one to go pull some one ouit of a ditch or drag something across the yard that is way to heavy. this is what i have found and will work for what i have planed later on for the truck as i dont want to do things twice. i will need a nv4500 6 speed or a road ranger 10. now before any one says you dont need a 10 speed stick i am going with a 453t detroit diesel so power is in a vary small window. now it really comes down to use. i use mine alot for highway and towing in town. so i need low and hi gears. ask your self this before you make up your mind or you will wish you had gone the other way. now if it is just you want a stick over auto and just want to play alittle and still have a work truck. sm 465 have one over 300k on it its loud and lot of play but i can not kill it.... no way would other trans come close to takeing what that one has. that is also in a 10k wrecker with pto on the trans. if you are making power, racing or what ever you will want something that shifts better. sm i love but it is a real truck trans.
1978 monte carlo 350 350th with 2.73 gears. no rust. sc car
86c20 is offline   Reply With Quote