Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
The design and drawing look great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Nice drawing, I hope it goes smoothly.
Thanks guys.

Parts showed up. The main piece here looks even better than I expected.

Comes with everything I need for the crossover steering except the tube for the drag link.

And the last piece I needed to get my TIG welder up and running got delivered last week. The foot pedal amptrol...

I finally had time yesterday to try it out. I did some checking and its been 16 years since my last TIG weld, and it shows. Looks like I have to relearn just about everything all over.

Its not really a big deal as far as this project is concerned. Most of the welding can be done with my MIG welder. Pretty much all of the cage anyway. On the thicker plate work I can get everything tacked up and hopefully my skills make a comeback by then. Worst case is taking the parts to a friend of mine that gets paid to be a damn good welder. Was kinda planning on him doing the welding on the axles in any case.

Still waiting on dies for the bender, and money. Once my tax return hits the bank I'm gonna order some tubing, and other steel to get started. It's March, the weather forecast is finally starting to show a warming trend and I'm past the worst of my workload crunch I've been stuck in since the beginning of the year.

S&%$@ getting real.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote