Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 10:57 PM   #1032
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

UNBELIEVABLE

So I git home and I figure I better go take a look at Rusty. So I grab a flashlight and crawl under him, he's parked on the street right in front of my house cause we couldn't get him in the driveway last night.

Things look dry as a bone, no leak in the fuel lines that I can see. Hmm I think to myself, I might want to turn him over to git that fuel pump a pumpin a bit to build up some pressure if possible maybe expose that leak.

Low and behold he fires right up, ready to go... like that lazy ol' dog laying by the kitchen table that jumps up when you grab your hat and open the front door to head out, he's right beside you now... where we going, were we going, are we going for a walk, know what I mean

so I shut him off, and wait a minute or two and try again, he fires right up

so I pull him in the garage, and shut him down, then I wait a minute and try to start him again, and he fires right up

so I say fine lemme Lupricate that shifter and put the turtle shell back on, let me put the gauge cluster lense and cover back on (took it off to install the new speedo cable remember) then I do a couple other things and about an hour or so later... he fires right up again, so I pull him out of the garage and park him in the driveway

I don't like the games Rusty is playing I'm guessing the good gasoline I'm pouring in him is going straight to his heads (get it, LOL)

Last edited by Gregski; 02-23-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote