View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 12:13 AM   #1
MrDanB

'77 Bonanza Build

I picked up a 1977 Chevy Bonanza 20 last weekend. It's got a 400sbc / TH400 with freeway unfriendly gears and 4x4. It's black and silver with red interior. This will not be my first Chevy to wrench on, but WILL be my first full size truck project... I've gone through the fluids, replaced lights n fuses etc (general maintenance). Seems to run good for a nearly 40 year old truck! I think I'm a bit overwhelmed by the rust in the body panels, but I'm also just stupid enough to throw the time it will take to try and save this thing.
I will post the option code if it's in the glove box and take some interior pics. So far, the only few questions I have about this beast is: What's the ballpark value of this thing as it sits (I paid 2K for it) and it seems to have a lot of options on it for the year (dash clock, carpet, tilt wheel, fancier bench seat and door panels etc). I have some sort of tow ball mounted to the front bumper. Was that an option from Chevrolet or aftermarket or? Thanks for any replies or info.
Dan in Washington
Attached Images