View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #260
jimbosprint

Re: jimbosprint 1972 C20 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Radio and speaker are installed and working!

The dual voice coil speaker from Custom Autosound was pretty easy to install. Only note is that I had to put some foam between it and the center AC vent so that it wouldn't rattle against the plastic.

The RC900C radio from Retro Sound was a chore and took me most of the day. Wiring was easy, but I think the mounting is just too universal. The instructions are vague as to how to mount and adjust it to fit the dash, so you just kinda have to figure something out that works with the parts they give you. I'll probably make a thread for this to help save someone else the trouble I had. The chrome plastic bezel did not fit onto the front of the radio, so I filed the opening bigger just to get the radio installed. I called Retro Sound customer service, and they were very nice. They are going to mail me another two bezels in hopes that one of them will fit. I put the auxiliary input cable through the ash tray so I can listen to MP3s from my phone.

The large chrome nut that holds my new antenna to the fender was defective from the manufacturer. Classic Industries did not impress me with their concern for this issue. Still haven't heard back from them on when I will see a replacement part. Kinda sucks because I can't put the cowl back on until I get that.

I still need to get the inner fender put back on, but the dash is put back together. The new glove box is installed and the glove box door is put back on.
Attached Images

jimbosprint is offline   Reply With Quote