Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 11:36 PM   #1050
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

More Turck Trouble

So the truck started fine in the driveway and I drove it into the garage to tighten the oil pan and valve covers a bit.

Then I started it again in the garage and oh my god it sounded amazing, perfect!

So I said let me drive it to a gas station half mile away to fill it up.

It drove fine at first then it started to fade, it seemed like it wanted to stall / die at each stop sign, I had to rev it up a bit when coming to a stop, then I barely made it to the gas station and it died at the pump without me having to turn the key off

So I filled the tank up with gas, went to start him up, and it cranks but does not start. The clear fuel filter is almost dry there may be a 1/16 of an inch at the bottom of the glass (the fuel filter sits horizontally right before the carb)

What is going on?

Background information: I dropped the tank a few weeks/months back. It was very clean on the inside no rust at all. I also replaced the rubber hoses from the gas tank to the hard fuel lines both the 3/8th to line, and the 5/16th return line.

Also the previous owner told me he put on a brand new fuel pump and it did look new to me when taking a look at it.

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote