View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 11:45 PM   #31
oldman3

Re: How to make door panels

Mark needed to spray some primer, so I left the shop for a couple hours.
First pic shows the foam in place and excess foam has been removed. I use a razor blade to cut the foam.

I messed up and didn't take any pics, but after the foam is on, you are ready to cover with material. I roll out the material, place the panel on the material. I leave about 1-1/2" extra around the panel, mark it and then cut out the material. After material is cut to size I place the panel right side up and material right side up, to check and make sure everything is OK. I then pull the material over itself about half way down the panel, so the back side is up. I then spray glue on the top half of panel and the back side half of the material. Let this tack up, then I use the spreader and start up the under side of the material to attach to the foam. Once that's down you can go back to the design area, use the spreader to puch the material down and along the design edge.

Second pic shows this done, and I also put in a few staples along the edge.

Now do the same thing to the second half of material and foam to finish the bottom of panel. You would also use the spreader to push the material down for the two design lines.

Thrid pic shows this done.

Forth pic shows the entire panel and material.

If what I explained isn't clear, let me now and on the second panel, I will take more pics.
Attached Images

oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote