View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 02:08 AM   #102
JJorgensen52
Simple? What's simple?

Re: New project! The "Red Herring"

Well, it was a nice day today so I went to the junkyard to grab a few parts, and do a little "field research" ... and as is usual with me, I should have known that wasn't going to be a quick trip

Anyway, I did get the driver's side cowl filler finished up: (Holy fuzzy photo, batman!)

I probably added 7/8" to the center to make it fit properly.

Fitted in place (don't mind the messy welds on the inside, I haven't cleaned them up. Can't reach in there with the grinder so I need to get some dremel burrs)

And it's ready to be welded on.

Junkyard stuff:
1989 Cadillac Eldorado engine fan ... I grabbed this one a whim because it measured close to what I remembered the core being - fits very nicely!

I'm contemplating some more modern interior upgrades - this is a truck that's being built to be driven, and driven a LOT. Thoughts?
Self-dimming rearview mirror (I'll probably find one that has compass and outside temperature, as well. Still will mount to the divider)

Overhead console. The map lights will be nice, as would the sunglass holder. I'm really interested in one of these for the homelink door opener setup (not pictured), and possibly using the blank panel at the front for an extra gauge or two.

I think the mirror I can get away with, not so sure about the console. Have to keep reminding myself it's going to have modern leather seats, Vintage Air and an updated radio, so I won't be messing with the look *too* much
'66 Impala SS convertible 327-QJet-glide (4 speed swap one of these days...) Photos
'69 CST/10 4x4 SWB Stepper 350 2bbl - NV4500/NP241C (Broken Truck!)
'72 Sierra Grande 2WD LWB fleetside 350-TH350 Refresh
'99 K2500 Silverado RCLB 5.7 Vortec - NV4500/NP241C (Daily)
'99 K2500 Suburban 7.4 Vortec - NV4500/NP246 (still working out the bugs)
SOLD
'71 Custom/10 2WD LWB fleetside - '72 GMC K/3500 Dually (Sold to redryder)
JJorgensen52 is offline   Reply With Quote