View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 04:20 AM   #15
Chulisohombre

Re: 72/68 blazer 4x4 dream/nightmare

That or switch out to the 4l60 and use a stand alone computer to control it. The 700 is temperamental and has a few issues that if taken care of can last. The monster guys take care of all those issues. The sun gear is a problem as well as the 2-4 as you are thinking is your issue. I can remember offhand the other issues but I know a basic shift kit tightens up the shifts and helps that teams last longer as well. This place http://www.700r4l60e.com/store/home.php?cat=52 has all the upgrades listed as well as videos on how to redo the problematic issues of the 700. I would love to be able to rebuild one myself. Just so Much involved I have never tried it yet. I have the manual trans either way so Havnt had the need to rebuild yet. It is getting sloppy though so I will need to in the next few years.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote