View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 10:28 PM   #171
68nou1

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

About 3 years ago a buddy of mine says he's got an old truck he wants to go look at and wants to know if i want to ride with him to Murray (bout 50 miles down the road) to check it out. We jump on the harleys and head down to look at it. After he drives it and talks the old boy down to next to nothing he asks me what i think. I tell him "If you dont buy it, i'm going too." I was almost done with my camaro and really didnt need another project but i've always loved them ol trucks.

Flash forward to about 4 months ago and he tells me he is going to sell it. He and his family are more into camping, boating and four wheeling. He doesnt really have time to mess with it and fix it up. I imediately jump and say I want it. It sat in his barn for the years he had it and is virtually un-touched since he bout it. So with an understanding wife we go look at it and i get it running and drove it home. He did me a solid and sold it to me for what he had in it. Was only $300 bucks more than he paid for it because he had bought a set of doors to replace the ones with speaker holes in them. Also threw in a new battery because the one that was on it wouldn't hold a charge. Here's a picture of it when i got it home.
Attached Images

'68 Camaro - 408 sbc, Muncie m20, 9' rear, hotchkis supsension (aka Betty)

'72 C10 - pretty much all stock as far as i know, for right now anyways (aka Charlie)
68nou1 is offline   Reply With Quote