Thread: 72 K30 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 06:00 PM   #256
DLTruck1973

Re: 72 K30 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
Jim, I was wondering the exact same thing also. Found a pretty good pic on the lower part of pg. 148 of the 67-72 AIM. Something else that we noticed is that the pieces are kind of tapered where they come in contact with the rails.

Was hoping that somebody would chime in that knew for sure the correct orientation. Thank you Thomas!

We were thinking the same thing and that's kinda why my thoughts went straight to modifying the piece.

Dang I hate too do that already to such a cherry part. So decided to put this on the back burner and come back to it when I know for sure. We'll move forward with getting the front axle hung. With it in place we should be able to make a decision on which motor crossmember is going to work the best for us. Since it looks like both might need to be modified to fit.

You gotta love poppin rivits!! Now don’t be too jealous of this mighty vise we use. It kinda match’s the wimpy work bench!
If possible Brett, put some heat on them brackets around the rivet. They will practically fall out with not much effort at all.

Looking forward to the roller
DLTruck1973 is offline   Reply With Quote