View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 01:20 AM   #21
l92powered77

Exclamation Re: 1977 c10 6.2 L92/6l80e swap.. pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric83 View Post
Swap is looking good, congrats. I bet the truck will move once done! That tranny crossmember looks great. What did you end up doing to mount your radiator?
hey thanks man i appreciate it
yeah i cant wait to get it running im very curious to hear what the smog exempt L92 6.2 will sound like purring at idle and wot. my dad used to have a 2007 escalade and that thing really used to zoom around quite fast i cant wait to feel a ls3 variant engine in this c10 short bed.
sometimes well alot of times i go to the garage and just stare at her and the engine bay and cant believe ls swap is reality and almost about to roar with petrol burning fury!!!

back to crossmember, yeah Scotty /Tejas steelworks is in Austin,Tx and he does nice work.He made me a custom mount plate for my maguyver ninja rig of a tranny i was sold and he did it from 2 times zones away.Paypal handled the cost of goods and shipping .I measured my truck and tail end and all kinds of measurements that i never would have thought existed if it wasnt for them being pointedd out to me to be meaured,so yeah it took a few days of measuring and double checking triple checking i gave Scotty the info and he made me my custom plate and that adapted easy to my tranny tail end and bolted right into the custom crossmember he sells.

radiator wise i just orderd it from griffin for my specific model and said ls swap and it fit perfect into my front end.The stock top support fits by way of readjusting of support buut it grabs it very tight and it doesnt let go of it and there in no movement so i told mechanic to be sure and he said all was fine.opinions appreciated
l92powered77 is offline   Reply With Quote