View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 02:07 PM   #117
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

Re: 67 Cougar restification

Pulled the trigger on a single 92MM turbo to give the old Panther a little bit more grunt. As I'm sure you know this modification will require the exhaust and intake systems to be modified as well as the engine management hardware, wiring and software. It will also require some additional upgrades to the engine itself... so hold on, phase 3 is about to begin.

I'll be running flipped Hedman shorties into a dual 2.5 to single 3" merge pipe, through the turbo and out a 3" down pipe to a 3" to dual 2.5 y pie hooking into the existing Magnaflow dual exhaust.

The cold side will consist of my existing cold air box, through the turbo, into 3" Pipe to the intercooler, then stepping up to 3.5 to the throttle body. The MAF will be deleted as I'm going speed density. A 50MM BOV will be controlled by a boost controller built into my MS2 engine management system.

Fuel, spark, boost, and cooling fans will all be controlled by the previously mentioned Megasquirt 2 V3 engine controller. Spark will be provided by an EDIS distributorless ignition system I am currently designing. Coils will be mounted to the rear of the engine to keep the plug wires out of the turbo tubing and nice and cool.

The engine will be getting head studs and upgraded gaskets as well as a set of GT40P heads I forgot I had. The Hedman 88400 headers need some tube re-routing due to the plug location on the heads but that's a minor mod in the grand scheme of things.

As I am a bit of a minimalist I will try and "hide" the turbo and associated tubing to retain an OEM feel and un-cluttered engine bay. If any of you have seen a turbo'd EFI V8 that is going to be a chore.
Attached Images

screamin_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote