Thread: 72 K30 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 12:17 PM   #264
7dee2

Re: 72 K30 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJorgensen52 View Post
You don't happen to have the greasable shackles do you? Those are unique to '67 and not reproduced.

A lot of the lift in the rear comes from the front hangars in these trucks, they drop the front eye down a solid 2.5" - I would be cautious mixing and matching them, might mess with your driveline angles.
No I don’t, but if it had the greaseable shackles then D & L Truck (DLTruck1973) would have them those guys have got everything I swear!

I agree on what you’re saying about the driveline/pinion angles and think that is pretty good advice. The K3500 rear position rear hangers maybe a must to maintain the angle without a correcting shim. It will be interesting to see were we end up after mocking up the front end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71blksuper4x4 View Post
On my crew with the cab & chassis frame, the frame is straight from the kick up back. After spending about a week researching and thinking it through, I am using the 73-87 3/4 ton spring hangers. Since I am using the the AAM 11.5 rear I have to relocate my axle perches anyway so gaining an inch in width on how far out the hangers sit won't bother me. (5.5 " out from frame vs 67-72 4x4 4.5" and 73-91 k30) I think your best bet is to use the k30 hangers personally. They will fill the frame rail closer as the 67-72 style only filled half of my modulus portion of frame. JMO. I needed the longest drop hanger I could find to match how much taller my frame is compared to the longhorn style frame rear. The duramax furthest rear hanger is about an inch lower 10" to the 73-87 k20 9". 67-72 furthest rear is 6" drop. The duramax ones can't be used as they are 4" out in front hangers and 5" out on back ones to account for the frame overlapping they do on the new frame rails. Just trying to help as I have been there and weighed all options out.
This is great info Trevor thanks! Below are few more pics for thought on this 67-72 K20 to next gen K30 rear hanger comparisons.

I was surprised how different the Longhorn/CC 133 “ vs. CC 157” frame rails really are from the transmission mount rearward. It becomes very obvious why the CC 157" is the strongest frame in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
Hey Brett great build. I will be keeping up on your build. I maybe using a 2wd frame as well. If you have a set of rear hangers you want to get ride of let me know.
I am building a k10 lwb '68 with and for my son. Keep up the updates we all appreciate it.
Thanks First c10 I appreciate your kind words and will keep you in mind, thanks. Building stuff with your kids is the best and "The Hulk" is going to be a beast!
Attached Images

72 Cheyenne/K30 Super 133" DRW SOLD Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=645614
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@6dee7-7dee2
7dee2 is offline   Reply With Quote