View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
whytry85

Project: 3rd times a charm: 83 c10!

little background story. I started building my first c10 when I was 14 years old with my dad, father son project. built a 305 and shaved the handles, taillights, tailgate, roll pan, mirrors and threw a cowl hood on it along with a 3/4 belltech and drove it everyday for about 2 years. starting getting issues of street trucks and truckin mags delivered to our house when I was 17 and always wanted to end up bagging it. well, at the age of 18, I had a pretty bad wreck in the truck that would force me to rebuild the entire truck from the ground up. over the course of about 4 years i built a frame and got almost completely done with it when I was put into the place of having to sell the truck to put a down payment on my home. I opted to take the road that any other man would to make sure that his family was provided for after my wifes constant begging for me not to. After about 4 years of regret, I finally purchased another 83 c10 that I just started on. It was just gonna be static 4-6 on 20s and drive it everyday just like the last. I took it to a local body shop where the stated 6-8 for paint and body and it ended up being close to 2 years for just body work after some unforeseen circumstances came up and now the truck is back in my possession.... and so it begins. hints the "3rd times a charm"......

few pics of the first time the 85 was built

during the rebuild of the 85

and the current 83

That's about as far as I am now. but the plans have changed dramatically. getting front and rear porterbuilts, 22x12 and 22x9 vrods with a few subtle mods.... stay tuned. crossmembers are 10-12 weeks out and wheels are 4-6 so may be a little before any "real" updates....
whytry85 is offline   Reply With Quote