View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #6
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 1972 Chevy 4wd Longhorn Project: Never Ending Changes

My wife and I have been house hunting for a little while, and I didn't think it would be happening this fast.... We accepted an offer on a place and I basically have a month to get a truck ready to do moving duties. I had been buying parts for the 76, well now the fastest thing to do is to get the Longhorn going. So, for this time and minute, this is the plan.

I have been selling everything I haven't used or moved in a while. Doing that, I was able to purchase a front bumper. Hopefully it will be here in 3 weeks. It is a RLC Fab bumper. I was going to go with a DIY4X Gauntlet but I wanted my winch covered up. I also got a Champion 12k winch to go in the bumper, and I also got some rear lights for my White Rhino Fab rear bumper.

I bit the bullet and got another display unit for my DD gauge cluster. I still have to decide where to mount it.

Next I finally located 3 more 16.5x9.75 stock type steel wheels. I purchased the black ones from member Special K last year, and haven't been able to find any near me since. I had to go to the infamous Doug's 4 Wheeler's in Pella Iowa to get these. He has nearly anything you want there for a 67-72. He was telling me these wheels are referred to as Co-op wheels because back in the day all the co-ops wanted to run wider tires and keep a stock hub cap to keep the crud off the lug nuts. He also said they are the new trend and he can't keep them in stock. That explains why I've been having such a hard time finding more. He has a lot of cool stuff there and I need to stay away.

Currently I am waiting for the centers of 3 of my wheels to get opened up so they will fit over the hubs of my D80. Then they can go to be sand blasted, then powder coat. I'm trying to liquidate more stuff so I can buy 35s to put on these too. I still haven't decided on white or black for the wheels and bumpers.
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.

Last edited by Dieselwrencher; 03-19-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote