View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 05:06 PM   #395
Grizz1963

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

Wrapped up, new bolts, assembled and packed away.

Not bad for an amalgam of Jeep Cherokee and Mercedes A Class tow bars.

Remember the kart frame I bought last year?

Meet my crashed 2005 Honda CG125 with only 14k miles, and a bent, buckled front end. Think marriage or Frankenstein.

Bought off Martin's step son who crashed it at recovery/scrap value, it will be stashed in the garage till the right time.

Today was booked at my place for Kerry, Disasterbus and Martin to come over so we could do some jobs to Kerry's Patina 64 Short Stepper.

Kerry had picked up our spares earlier this week including my pair of expensive but on inspection really good vent or quarter windows. Today he swung by Martin's place to pick up the little buckled Honda for me on their way over here.

So when they got here, I had Kerry reverse his truck and the bike down the drive, then we all had a cuppa tea and a chat, followed by unloading the bike and all the parts n bits Kerry and Martin had brought along.

One of the planned jobs was to weld in the rear roll pan bought at the NHRA Swapmeet recently.
But before that happened Kerry needed to try out the Ford side step that Martin had managed to rescue from a skip a few weeks ago as a potential rear bumper.

As it was before.

A lot to be said for car ramps.

Something useful from Ford.

Some cutting, twice......

Got the bumper to size and gave Martin some toys.

Modifying Kerry's straight six, which is soooooo sweet !!

Later on we were joined by MercDan and his petrol head son George, Ian our former housemate, and Mickey next door were all here.
Ian's main job was to do all the cooking, he is an accomplished "Tong Master" and managed the BBQ brilliantly.
Through the day, we were joined by Ta2Don traveling across America, so everyone did a Hallo to Don here.

Don and JoJo doing backseat driving duties.

Somewhere along Interstate 81 in Salem, Virginia.

Later, passing a Tennessee flag, about an hour West of Knoxville.

Just love technology......

In the mean time, Ian carried on with the cooking duties.

At some point we all poured into the house and scoffed ourselves stupid on three types of sausages, spicy chicken wings, pork belly, chilli chicken breast strips and rolls..... A proper mans BBQ.

After lunch we carried on with various jobs, electrical mainly, Martin sorting a load of bad connections, and fitting new switches in the cab etc.

Kerry fixed and fitted the rear bumper.

And finally the highlight of the day........ New lights under the bumper as well.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote