View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 06:24 PM   #322
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Thanks y5mgisi - I aims to please. So here are some more. Finished testfitting the Vintage Air system this weekend. I had bought the nice chrome bulkhead connector dealy, but I could not find a spot for it that wouldn't require a) new fittings made or bought to point in the right direction from the evaporator unit, b) a lot of knuckle busting trying get wrenches into tight spaces to fasten connectors, c) trying to maneuver hoses over fittings only a few inches apart. I'm sure that a lot of folks have gone this route successfully, but it was smelling like a lot of aggravation to me!

So, I used the block off plate as a template to mark the hose holes originally intended by VA onto the firewall. I also used that plate to make sure my fittings were oriented correctly to go through the firewall holes when I fit the evaporator back in up under the dash. My wife was nice enough to pick me up a bigger step drill bit when she was in town because the one I had wasn't big enough diameter. Got things mounted up after making the holes and I think it will look just fine. That empty bottom hole will be for wiring to a heater valve. A grommet for it is include in the kit.
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote