View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 07:05 PM   #325
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Time for the condenser. By this point, I'm starting to think I can't be trusted with wrenches anymore Mounted up the brackets and the dryer. Those with a discerning eye can spot my problem in the first picture. Took me mounting it and seeing it all caddywampus to figure out that the brackets actually do have an up and down (directions had good pictures, but no warnings for idiots like me). I hadn't even drank more than a beer or two at this point! Anyway, flipped the bracket and it mounted up better - whew, I thought my core support was jacked!!! Also, the grommet going through the block-off plate at the left of the core support would be much easier to put in from the engine side - not much room to maneuver from the front - trust me.

Last picture is a safety switch for the dryer. VA instructions had that as the last step. Why they didn't tell me to mount it on the dryer at the stage I was in my first picture beats me. Tough to tighten it down once the condenser is mounted in the core support.
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote