View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 02:45 PM   #123
MattPSU

Re: Crocodile Rocks Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsbeach View Post
Yeah I gotta say that having a good hobby like these trucks helps keep me in the moment when times are tough. And I gotta say that your skill in the underhood cleanup is amazing.!!

I was flipping through the posts and saw the paint go on under there then the whole truck back together shop-truck-style and said WOW..!!

I like her just the way she sits right now, but I am also sure you've got some more plans for it. Keep us posted.!
Thanks! It will eventually get painted, but I wanted to drive it this summer. My grandfather restored cars - Packards, Hudsons, Chrysler Air Flows, etc. And he usually sold a car soon after being finished. He didn't get to enjoy driving them much. I know that working on them is the fun part for a lot of people, but I also want to drive my truck. So when I have money to work, I work. When I want to drive it, I put it back together and enjoy driving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsbeach View Post
Which rad and shroud are you running.? That is the stock LS fan I am assuming.? It looks perfect.
It's the stock '72 two row radiator and shroud and the stock 5.3l mechanical fan. I modified the original shroud to work. Eventually I'd like to upgrade to an aluminum radiator and electric fans, but I was trying to save some money towards the end of this part of my build. I was also told I couldn't make it all work. That made me determined to make it work. For the record, it works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@EntropyRad View Post
The color-keyed intake cover is awesome!
Thanks. Although I can't claim that idea as my own. I've seen that done several times before.

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE
MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote