View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #494
bruceman1968

Re: SPID Picture thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72ChevyDLX View Post
I'm trying to figure out what the original trim/paint was, I know it was blue but it has been painted and I'm not sure if there was the white in between the top and bottom like I see on some. I would like to restore it back to original.
Your paint code is 542. That's very specific. It tells what colors were used and where they were used. In your case your blue is code 510 Med Blue and the white is 521 White. As far as location, your code 542 is a Conventional two tone code. Conventional two tone trucks were painted 521 White on the roof, A pillars and upper door window surround. And body color everywhere else, on the body. In your case body color is 510 Med Blue. The pic you posted is correct for a factory Conventional two tone code. Your truck did not have white painted, between the moldings. Or a lower molding. But your truck is a Highlander. Please post your SPID in this thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=635040 and we will tell you all about the Highlander sales package, if you don't already know. You have a very nice truck there. Welcome to the board.