View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #19
Norgermish

Re: 292 engine upgrades questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomotion View Post
JMHO, but I'm not convinced what you're showing us is a 292. The fuel pump should be behind the engine mount, and the lifter covers should be considerably taller. One of the tell-tales are the engine mounts....are they staggered, or across from each other?
Good call on that!!

I've got basically the same set up on my '67. Been having problems with it missing and running rough. I picked up a stock HEI rebuilt distributor, wires and plugs from Tom at Stovebolt. Put it in and noticed a considerable difference. Still have some issues but the HEI is a good start. (no pun intended)

Quote:
I looked for a automatic choke. My buddy's 72 has a choke that he pulls out and it starts, but I could not find one on my 69.
Your buddy has a manual choke, you have an automatic choke. As stated before, in the morning get in the truck depress the gas pedal all the way down and release it. Then turn the ignition and let it start. If it is set correctly your truck will idle at a higher RPM, until it warms up or until you do a quick rev on the pedal, after it heats up a bit.
Norgermish is offline   Reply With Quote