View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #1320
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Very kool!

That should make a good work truck and who knows after you finish the others what this one might transform into.
Someday maybe. Can't rule it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice addition! That's a really rust free truck for a Minnesota rig!
At first glance maybe, but when you look closer you see plenty of rust. Both front fenders and hood, drivers door, rockers, one of the cab supports, bottoms of wheel wells. And I think there is a spot on the firewall too. I know it could be much worse but it will take some work to fill the holes.

We took the pressure washer to it yesterday and got the mildew and moss off it. This was a Washington truck at some point. It was given an assigned Ser# from there. Had a camper in it for many of its years and had a 5th wheel hitch at some point.

My son is bringing it to school monday. I have a new wiper motor and heater fan motor that came with it that I want him to install. The gas guage doesn't work. He can take it to the mechanic class to see if they can get the AC working once the fan motor is replaced. Power steering leak and maybe a leak on the brake master cylinder. It has hydroboost brakes.

Before next winter I'd like to get the rockers replaced and any other cab rust fixed. Maybe door window seals/felts. Maybe patch the driver door up. There is a ton of wiring splices all over the truck. I'm shocked all the lights work and it runs. The dual tank set up has been disconnected and I'd like to get that back in operation.

My kid will end up driving it more than me, but thats ok if he puts some work into it.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote