View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 11:02 AM   #6
Sklptrljay

Re: wont start - obvious things to check? FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuesens View Post
It always frustrates me when members post problems and then other members make comments and intelligent suggestions but the original poster never follows up with resolution. So here is mine!

Turns out the issue was a failed fuel pump. When I checked the oil it had ALOT of gasoline. After oil change and new FP it is again running well. But along the way I pulled and tested the starter and had the carburetor floats adjusted. Along the journey I apparently ran the + battery cable too close to the headers, melted insulation and shorted out against headers. That made for an exciting few moments. Lesson learned there.

This barely capable shade tree mechanic learned ALOT this weekend and after reading dozen of forum posts I had the knowledge and confidence to tackle this all myself.

Thanks all!
Good to hear you figured it out. I didn't post on this thread , but was wondering what you would find out the problem was.

You're right about people never following up with the solution to their particular issues. Although I admit I have been guilty of that myself.

Thanks for sharing, happy Easter To you.

1972 GMC 4X4 K1500 Survivor - Sold

No matter what problems life throws at you, your time on Earth can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding.....if you just lower your expectations. -Phil Dunphy
Sklptrljay is offline   Reply With Quote