View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #69
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Palf's 64 BBW Short Fleet

Had been driving the heck out of it the last several weeks. My son was using my 94 while his 02 was in the body shop (someone hit it when it was parked). Finally got my 94 back to be a DD, when the cheapo shift finally breathed it's last. So I went to put in my Hurst Indy Shifter and ran into all kinds of little headaches. Turns out the shifter will work in our years, as long as you don't have the 64 (and earlier I guess) emergency brake crossbar assembly. I finally got it in, but no more bench seat use. It is a nice precise shift now, just like when I had one in my 70. I still have a little more shaving to do on the bottom end of both of the shifter forks to clear the emergency brake leaver and I'll probably trim up (shorten) the R-1 shift rod some so it isn't sticking out so much.

Since I had the seat out I decided I would clean up and patch the floorboards in a few spots, then insulate the dude.

Since I had them, these are what will be going into replace the factory bench. They are out of a 98 C1500, so now I'll have power seats and lumbar stuffs.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote