View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 11:29 PM   #258
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Wiring all done? When do we fire that bad motor?!!
Nope, still hacking away at it, John. I'm gonna have to start working longer hours. I pushed the upholstery shop out to next Monday and I'm not sure I can make that.

Thanks to everyone that's taken the time to look at where we're headed with this. I appreciate it very much.

Most of the decisions have been made about the routing for the wires. I've bundled them with Techflex, sealed with shrink wrap at both ends. I still have some terminals to install which goes slow when you tin the wire ends, crimp the connector (after having removed the plastic insulator), solder the bare crimped connector to the tinned wire, then finish it off with heat shrink tubing. Using Weather Pack or similar connectors isn't much faster as each style requires its own special procedure. Then there's all the revisions when you discover part way thru that you overlooked a wire you'll need. I've been taping the front to back wire runs down to keep them flat and make sure they don't get pulled out of place when the carpet goes down. I'm fairly close to putting the dash back in. Just need to mock up the a/c lines while everything is out in the open.

Spent part of today under the car doing fuel pump, fuel tank and battery wiring. Years ago, when B-I-L Rick had a salvage yard, I scrounged a fuel shut off switch out of a wrecked Ford. It trips in the event of a crash and shuts off the fuel pump. Sounded like a good idea so it's now officially part of the build.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote