View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #273
texasld

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
Thanks, guys! I looked for a long time to find a carbon fiber material that actually looks like real carbon fiber. After ordering a number of sample pieces, this was the closest I found. It's a foil backed material, so it doesn't like to stretch very much. You have to be very careful laying it down to avoid bubbles. If you do get a bubble, you can pierce it with a needle or sharp Xacto then work the air out. Typically, bubbles under vinyl tape will disappear after a few days in warm weather, but this foil backed material is a little sturdier. I had a couple of spots on the dash that gave me fits.

Sort of appropriate to store parts under the Christmas tree. Every time UPS or FedEx shows up, it's like Christmas all over. Kathy is going to be sooo happy when I get all the parts on the car. I used to store parts in the breakfast nook at one of our houses. When I finally got that car together, she went out and bought a table and chairs to put in there before I could start filling it up again. Just give her a half second and she'll reclaim her space.

Haha, you should see my guest room! I run out of space in my garage...
2010 Harley Street Glide

Check Out My Build!: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=617981
texasld is offline   Reply With Quote