View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 02:21 PM   #36
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSSEY View Post
Good looking build you go going on. If you run acrooss anymore KS beds let me know, I would like to find an original green one.

I see people trying to sell AD chassis on CL for $500+, thought you could at least gett $100 for yours. That does'nt give me much hope. My body is comming off a 1-ton chassis, I'd like to sell it or even sell it for scrap weight to anyone who could use it.

it had the granny 1st 4 spd too, thought someone should have wanted that for sure. I have bought almost every bed I found in two years, which is three found and two bought. I bought this latest one because it was green, I wanted it to match the cab too. actually it looks like a better match to your green, my cab is green to the primer but yours looks like thin green over a blue base, which is what the bed is.

I'll keep an eye out for you though!

it was supposed to rain all day but it only rained a little in the morning and threatened it the rest of the day. had to pull the drivetrain and all the parts I needed off the 03
I think I am getting all my money out of the $50 cherry picker and free in road strap

look at them bent rails

rolled the rear end out, I think that was the easiest one ever

easiest way to pull springs/control arms with no weight in the front

where I quit today

all the saved parts in the corner of the shop

this is how I keep my "old man gold" s10 in line, I cut up another s10 right in front of it.

I listed the eaton rear end out of the 49 cheap because I didnt want to just throw it away. the guy showed up and offered $2 less, I acquiesced. haha
do you think those rivets will hold?

nope. but it lasted long enough to get it in the truck before popping.

oh! and the BEST THING about my "use every part" mantra...
my $50 cherry picker didnt come with a handle, so I was using pliers to release and a long 1/2" extension to jack. not anymore!
this is the spare tire rod from the 03 I chopped up. you wouldnt believe how perfect it works, like it was made for it.

I still need some random s10 parts for the 49, and I was looking for a disc brake 4x4 rear end for the 65, I cant use the 03 because the pinion is different. I am worried that the 84 rear is 3.08 or lower and the wrong series. so I have been keeping my eyes peeled for a parting blazer on craplist. saw one for sale today with "make offer" in the ad, a 98 with some body damage. I offered what I thought I would spend on the rear, and he said yes, come get it.

the battery was dead dead deadski so I left my slow charger there hooked up so I could pick it up tomorrow. I cant believe (my wife is chagrined, wryly upset) that I just cleared the last parts s10 out of the driveway and I have already replaced it.

4/17:
I left my charger on it there overnight, went back this morning and it cranked really well but no start. I got under it and banged on the plastic tank, sure enough I heard the float arm bouncing off the bottom. ran for a gas can and...

it started right up. I checked the trans, shifts ok, the 4x4, works ok, lights all work, AC froze me out in about 15 seconds. oil pressure good, came up to temp, seat moves back and forth and up and down. the tach was dead but I think that may be a fluke, it was bouncing all over the place when I was cranking it.
drove home like a newborn.

tried out 4lo on the dirt road,

here is the kink. I think if I strap it to a big tree and get about a 10mph yank, it will all come back into line.

and the hits keep on coming. GT4 G80, 3.73 limited slip.

now I have to decide whether to part it out for parts I need or fix and keep

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 04-19-2015 at 11:42 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote