View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 10:00 AM   #47
Blown06

Re: Project: "ResuWrecktion" '71 Custom Deluxe C-10

Well operation cancer removal started this weekend! I knew I had patch panels to install but did not expect to be replacing cab support sections.

Oh well, more parts on order from GMC Paul's and it has become painfully obvious that I'm gonna have to invest in a sand blaster ( local guy went out of business!)....

Pulled the drivers door off and started working on the rocker panel, floor section, cab corner and anything else that looked like crap. There's plenty that looks like crap.

Pics:

I have the patch panel to replace the section of the front door pillar that's bad.

The rear door pillar looked bad so I ordered one for each side. Hopefully make it in this week.

I just had to stick my NOS rocker panel up there to see how well it fit. It fit so good I wish I could have just welded it up and been done with it, but I have too much rust to remove first.

Back to reality, I cropped off the lower section of the front door pillar.

Pretty crappy looking inside.

Back side of the front door pillar that I cut out.

Footwell is gonna need a patch, I have one just have to cut out the bad stuff.

Most of the bad stuff cut out, going to leave the bad cab supports in place for now so I don't get the cab too far out of alignment. I do have cross bracing installed but feel better leaving the supports just not welding to them. I'll weld the panels to the new ones when they are installed.

Got the floor section fit in and welded, still have a ton of grinding to do. The front portion of the panel didn't align too well with the firewall so I cut it off and will fab a section and weld it in later.

That's all until next week.

My project: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=646563
Blown06 is offline   Reply With Quote