View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 11:00 PM   #286
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Congrats on the ring-out Vic. Wiring all looks super sanitary! I'm betting we crank that motor here soon eh? Well, as soon as you're done farting around with that fuel tank
Motor is ready to crank, but I'm not test firing it until I have coolant in it and can run it long enough to break in the cam. At this point, I don't have time to flush everything out and drop in a roller.

I finished modifying the rear bumper brackets and got it installed today. Looks much better than my first attempt. I also received the fuel sender today. Set it up for the tank depth (7") and cut the hole in the roof of the tank. Used a 2-1/4" saw as I didn't have the recommended 2-5/16". Had to notch it slightly to let the lower retaining ring slip into place, then had to relieve a few places around the perimeter for the screws. It's in and all is good. I'll put the tank back in tomorrow and let the car back down on the ground.

The Vintage Air resistor I broke the other day showed up today, so I installed it and worked on the wiring some more. Still a few things to do. I've sort of run out of room under the dash for the front speakers. I have some surface mount pods and could install the passenger side on the kick panel, but the driver side has the e-brake, fuse panel and hood release in the way, not to mention a half dozen bundles of wiring tucked up under there. I'll have to think on it some more. Maybe something mounted in the console. I bought four 6.5" round Rockford-Fosgates and would really like to use them, though.

Precision called this afternoon and I went over to pick up the fenders and front header panel. I figured they were finished with everything, but the cowl vent grille and the hood scoop inserts were not ready. John said it would probably be the first of next week before Mike could squirt those last few pieces. It all looks great. I'll post some pics when I get the inner panels and trim assembled on the fenders.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote