View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 05:16 AM   #224
Billhilly

Re: 41DegreesSouth Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
Very nice! I've never wanted it before but recently I've been contemplating putting power door locks in my trucks. It does come in pretty handy.
Thanks, yeah, it's part of a bigger plan (see below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
I agree. Never cared much for power doors, but I'm really considering windows and locks. More locks than windows. Looking good billhilly! Still digging that color!
I'm now waiting to see all the painted pieces actually bolted together back on the truck. Still kind of hard to visualize the finished product. But thanks again!
I wasn't that stressed about power door locks, but when they failed on my DD I could see what a pain it was without them. Also, I'm going to make a half height topper (?)(or cap?) over the bed for my work tools, so in theory I will be able to put motors on the door latches on that and lock up the whole deal with one click. That was more of the driving force. Easiest to do it now, and just another item to slow down/complicate the build!
So the hood was finally done nearly ten days ago. Cowl is all bogged and ready for one last prime/paint. Work/life has over taken the last two weeks so hopefully this week will open up a little for me. We shall see!
Ryan, a couple of pic's below show the 'panels' I attached to the stock battery box's to give me more 'wiring' space. On the left hand one, beside the mega fuses is where I was going to mount all my relay's and figured something like your flush mount one's would make for an much tidier finish.
Rubbish photo's sorry, the upper box on the right hand side is an external regulator. I have a 150 amp Zena Welder there in place of the alternator. It can switch between being an alternator, and welder. The bottom box is the welding controller. Cause it's going to be my work truck I figured you never know when someone might need a small welding job done away from mains power. (I also got it for half price!). I also picked up a second hand Redi Line generator for real cheap. I'm going to mount it in the front corner of the bed for mains power for a small angle grinder/drill.
Attached Images