View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #295
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
So how long will the car be at the trim shop... I am anxious to see this in one piece... LOL... Tapping fingers and feet with impatience... LOL
Me too, Dan! Thing is, I've been piddling with this project for so long, it feels like it's been moving at light speed since Jan 1. I have no idea how long it will be with Jeff. The seats, side panels and package tray are pretty much done and the headliner is ready made. The main fabrication work left is the carpet, kick panels, visors, windlace and armrests. Plus the console whenever I get it to them. I'm hoping they don't have it more than a week, but one of their guys was out today and nothing got done on it. However, they seem to be pretty fast when other projects don't intrude. If I have it back by May 1, I'll be in good shape. I'll have the inner and outer fenders mated up tomorrow and the console project is the only other time intensive item on the schedule. They don't mind if I come down there to work on it as long as I don't get in their way. So I could install the replacement switches on site, for instance. We'll just have to see how it goes.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote