View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 12:55 AM   #175
JJorgensen52
Simple? What's simple?

Re: New project! The "Red Herring"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Awesome! Nice work, great detail. The placement of the pedals looks spot on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Like this set up...Jim
Thanks as always! I'm just hoping my new pedals don't look too goofy with the original park-brake pad ... I supposed making a new pedal for that is peanuts after the rest of this nonsense

Tonight was more about rework than anything - if I'd been a little more careful when I did the rocker and floor fit-up on this side, I would've been two hours less work tonight. But anyways.

Park brake brace (which I finally succeeded in buying after four months of backorder) bolted to the floor and the rocker

If the rocker were about 5/8" further forward I could have made it fit without modification.

Here's the after shot, with the pedal and bellcrank mounted.

And the pedal position appears to be pretty much spot on inside the cab.

Now on to new work. I made the dash-firewall brace tonight.

Pardon the ugly welds, I tacked it up inside the dash and I wasn't too worried about making it super pretty

The bolts are recessed into the firewall, so thusly they are bumped OUT on the inside. I made this piece from two pieces of 1-1/4"x1/8" plate and welded the studs into it.

And here's a couple shots showing the geometry. The electric wiper conversions don't mount to this brace anyway, so I'm free of that constraint here (though it could be made to work easily enough).

I tied it directly to the column drop. You may notice that I don't have any threads protruding through the column drop nuts ... I'm not terribly happy with that, so I'm probably going to pick up some longer graded flange bolts for the final assembly.

Just for fun, I put it all back together with the original nuts and washers

Going to pick up my donor truck frame tomorrow, as long as all goes according to plan. Then the real fun begins!
'66 Impala SS convertible 327-QJet-glide (4 speed swap one of these days...) Photos
'69 CST/10 4x4 SWB Stepper 350 2bbl - NV4500/NP241C (Broken Truck!)
'72 Sierra Grande 2WD LWB fleetside 350-TH350 Refresh
'99 K2500 Silverado RCLB 5.7 Vortec - NV4500/NP241C (Daily)
'99 K2500 Suburban 7.4 Vortec - NV4500/NP246 (still working out the bugs)
SOLD
'71 Custom/10 2WD LWB fleetside - '72 GMC K/3500 Dually (Sold to redryder)
JJorgensen52 is offline   Reply With Quote