View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 10:28 PM   #39
53Sparky

Re: Rust Therapy - 62 C-10

Today I went to the salvage yard in Longmont and met up with fellow member Lee64. He helped me and the owner of the lot, Dave, cut the 12 bolt rear end free that I purchased last week. I'll need to double check the gear ratio, but the stamp on the outside indicates that it is the correct gear ratio. Lee 64 also helped me pull a driver side door for my '62, and then we found and pulled an underseat jack kit for another member on this forum, _mg. Dave really understands the importance of keeping these parts out of the crusher and opened up more once he knew I was legitimately interested in using the parts to preserve their history.

After we left the salvage yard, I went over to Lee 64's house to see his project. He has a sweet 64 short step with a 383 stroker that is well on its way to completion. It was good to meet another guy who appreciates these trucks. He showed me a really trick fuel filler door and a secret security HEI shutoff setup to deter theft. He also left me with a parting gift: he had the glass lens that I needed to complete my reverse light parts search. A great day!

Numbers 6:24-26

Last edited by 53Sparky; 05-29-2015 at 08:11 PM.
53Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote