View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 01:59 AM   #184
Chevy-49

I had also problems to find the right way to get the fenders on. Let us know what the best way is without scratch the paint. Greets Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJorgensen52 View Post
Alright, well it took me a bit to get the frame moved with a jack and my engine hoist, but it's where I needed it (which it isn't in this photo )

I spent a little time this afternoon getting the 228 cleaned up and running again, since I'm hoping to yank the frame out and list it as a roller in the next week or so. Anyways, it was making an awful lot of lifter noise and I vaguely recalled something about spare pushrods ... so I dug them out and pulled the valve cover. I think "bent" might be the understatement of the year!!

It's a LOT quieter now. Didn't fuss a bit though, started right up with fresh fuel.

Got the rest of the park brake setup installed to make sure everything fits and functions as it should with the new metal alignment. I don't think the pedal is too incongruous

Forward progress, hung driver's sheetmetal:

I have two questions. First, how in the heck are you supposed to do this once the truck has been painted???? I tried six ways from Sunday and I couldn't get it on there without scraping something.

Second, I think I've read a bit about this problem occurring, but is a gap this wide at the cowl normal? It's probably 7/16" or so at the widest.

It looks like the other side will be a little better. I have to fix the rear flange of both fenders anyway, so I'll probably adjust it a bit to compensate.

Also thinking I may need to buy new inner fenders - I found a bunch of soft spots along the top of this side, and this is the better of the two. Which is kind of a shame since they're going to get hacked up to fit the stub, anyway.

Last thing, preliminary rendering came back for my gauges today - thought you guys would like a peek. We're making a few tweaks here and there and adding one more warning light (for brakes) but otherwise, this is pretty close.
Posted via Mobile Device
Chevy-49 is offline   Reply With Quote