Thread: Ez wiring help
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 02:59 PM   #41
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Ez wiring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hyde View Post
So is this a deletable wire then I have external rectifier. And any info on the reverse lights I done see a connector or plug on the trans
The brown/white stripe wire must not be deleted, unless you can run a key on power wire to the alternator,with a resistor wired in series in the wire. The factory used the B/W stripe wire because it's a resistor wire equal to 10, ohms for the factory externally regulated alternators. The charging light on the idiot light clusters serves the same purpose along with providing an indication of charging and battery status. We can get into this more when you're ready to wire up the alternator.

I don't know what you mean by (external rectifier) unless you mean the external voltage regulator mounted on the radiator support by the left headlight.

Here is some info on the switch,
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...+switch&spell=

Your reverse lights are a simple circuit . You should have a fuse on the fuse panel that says reverse or back-up with a 10 ohm fuse, IIRC. There should be a dark green wire running from it to the switch on the transmission and a lighter green wire from the switch to the rear of the truck to the back-up lights. I had to search your build thread to be sure you had a standard transmission. Do us a favor and revise your signature to include more information, or at least put it in your thread.

I can't be sure what b/U light switch you are supposed to have because there are quite a few. It should mount near the linkage for reverse in a port on the trans.

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.

Last edited by VetteVet; 04-22-2015 at 03:06 PM.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote