View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 05:35 PM   #7
67chevy1series

Re: 65 dodge d100 crew cab AKA ''she wants the D''

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsriv2 View Post
Enjoy seeing what you are doing there. I can still remember that truck. I used to own a
D200 short bed and when I saw yours years ago it brought back all kinds of memories. For my abilities back then, your truck was just too much to handle. Never could convince the wife to get another Dodge.
I still tease her with trying to get one, but she still won't let it happen.
I think it's very cool you remember the truck, I know when I first seen it I knew I could do something with it and I knew it was pretty well left for dead but I had a feeling I might still make it something eventually!

Well while most everyone was out smokin the Devils lettuce on Monday I managed to get some very pathetic small amount of work done on the crew cab. Figured since I can't finish the frame I might as well look for other things I can do since I'm also low i funds til my next paycheck.. So I started looking at the inner fender wells and ended up cutting both of them to fit the CV suspension. Not done with them yet this is just the 1st "stage" and after I got those in place and was satisfied I started looking at how the front driver door sags towards the rear door due to when the original door was bent and it pulled the "hinge pockets" in the door jamb causing the new door to still sag even with adjustment, so I pulled the hinges out and massaged the three morning points per hinge back into there original form. Upon removing the lower hinge I was down to the last lower bolt which gets submerged with water when it rains and dirt causing a lot of rust, so I knew I had to baby that one out and I managed to get it half way out but then it snapped on me so before the hinges and the door goes back on im going to have to pull that bolt out and I also want to clean the hinges up and the little pockets In the door jamb as well.. And then we'll see if that does the trick and gets that body line all lined up. Here's a shot of the passenger inner fender
Attached Images

67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote