Thread: Truck Fire!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 09:11 PM   #53
Chevy 350 Fan

Re: Truck Fire!!!

Now lets discuss drivetrain. Theirs a few different routes we can go here. 1: I can put a new distributor and carb on it paint it and drop it back it. 2: I could do more work on the motor. I was thinking vortec heads and maybe a cam. 3: a friend of mine has a built 350 vette motor. It was built at a race shop in Texas. It makes 450 HP he said he'll sell it to me for $1500. My only concern is it breaking my drive shaft and maybe rear end. It broke the yoke and then rear end on his Jeep which it is in now. Ill probably need a new tranny. for that kind of power. Ill need to contact AAMCO (they built my trans) and see if they think it'll handle 450HP. 4: My buddy's dad has a SB 400 block that I could build. but ive read 400 arent really that desirable. 5: I have an 80's corvette 350 motor sitting in my back yard. I pulled it out of a wrecked corvette at a junk yard a few months ago with the intensions of turning it into a 383 yea that never happened. That motor did not turn when we pulled it but it had definitely rolled so I hoped it was just hydro locked. I was too lazy to pull out spark plugs though. So that motor I would get rid of its rather interesting TBI system and probably put a Holley DP on it with a performer intake. Maybe a cam and drop it in. But if its actually seized I really don't have time nor the desire to build a motor right now so if that's the case im leaning towards 2. then someday ill turn that corvette motor into a 500 hp 383 and put in the C20. let me know what you guys think. keep in mind im a Jr. in high school so money is hard to come by. Thanks!
Chevy 350 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote