View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 09:38 PM   #282
dieseldawg142

Re: '64 chevy 2wd to 4wd

yeah, i don't know Dale, going threw a spell-age maybe.....
you should see the floor under my bench, glad i got extra laminate....& when you spill it on your pants, they become stiff as steel...
wife's paint i found did'nt pan out, thinned it right down & still thick & lumpy. i sprayed the int with it & it covered the door & window crank completely. i liked the color though, think it's called "nutmeg", so i left it there & glued some plastic over the cranks to kinda 3D them. the bench is a shortened & raised one from an impala
Name:  574.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  48.3 KB

found this color (dont photo worth a darn) but it will work. the rear view is more the color....kinda....nutmeg...
just dropped the body on the frame to check, made a stupid mistake & did'nt catch it, the 454 is longer & puts the fan right into the rad-going to have to figure something out without making a huge mess (1 step forward, 3 steps back.....)
Name:  572.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  54.8 KBName:  573.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  49.1 KB

and been searching hard for boxes for the crew, which will cost me an arm & a leg, but i did find this on the net, i can build it for free, fits my cheap theme, & i could build it like the picture for free (got lots of stocker stuff), but i blew my cheap theme all to heck & ordered a whack of swamps, axles, t-case's.....bout $60 worth so i can build a "ALPINE" off-road rollback, companion to Light Rescue 168....
Name:  23769636-662-CHEVY-ROLLBACK-4-DOOR-CREWCAB-TOW-TRUCK.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  72.5 KBName:  818.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  32.5 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote