View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #39
dayj1

Re: Another way to skin the cat; the High Torque 292 LS swap

I sent a message to the guy that cut mine to see if he has any interest in making more. I'll post an update here when I find out something. I can't sell on this board as I don't have a premium membership. So, I don't want to make this a for sale thread and get it closed.

When I was researching my build, I thought of several possibilities in addition to the one that was just posted.

The most options are available for drive by cable. You could remove the injector pod from a GM TBI throttle body from a 4.3L, 5.7L, or 454. There are lots of inexpensive adapters out there that will allow one of those to bolt up to a square bore intake. They wouldn't require an adapter for a breather and they already have an IAC and a TPS sensor. Another option is to just run a carb. As long as you didn't hook up fuel to it, it will only meter air. It wouldn't require adapters of any kind and there are kits out there to add the TPS sensor.

For DBW, the Gen 4 guys have this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121522882229...S:1123&vxp=mtr For Gen 3 you'd have to run the adapter above and a 3 to 4 bolt adapter.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote