View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 10:48 PM   #463
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmc8 View Post
Very nice work on the truck and I enjoy seeing your guys are Scouts. My son earned his Eagle a few years ago.
Thanks! I'm an Eagle too from back in the day. Some of my best friends today I met through scouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatty View Post
Love this build. I am a rockcrawler as well getting back into hotrods. Seeing your work absoltely amazes me.

Can you tell me why you used the S-10 frame? I know its a common swap, but what are the benefits?

Dima
Thanks! I used it because it was free to me, and because of parts availability. It'll be driven a lot when done, and things will wear out or go bad...and I wanted to be able to find what I need and get back on the road. Common parts have huge value to me (I once changed out my wheel bearings on my trailer in the hotel parking lot in Moab Utah...very glad I found parts that day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
I enjoyed reading your build so far. Nice setup for your 9". To bad the build quality of your rad sucked. Going to be a great driver!!! When you put the Lord Fusor seam sealer on did you scuff it first? Thanks
I'm taking my Jeep offroading in 2 weeks.
Yeah, Champion radiator is probably the way I'd go instead. Hindsight is 20/20.

I did not scuff before the Lord Fusor, but I did it just after the epoxy flashed so I didn't really need to.

Have fun with the Jeep, we just pulled mine out of winter storage on Sunday!

Well, it's been quite some time since my last update. I had a non-truck related project to do and then there is just life stuff that's been happening. Lost my father-in-law in February, very glad he got to ride in the truck after I built it the first time but before I tore it down to "fix" some things.

He would have liked to have ridden in it with the V8. He liked going fast.

RIP Pappa Kimmer!

I talked to the guy that's doing my body and paint work last weekend. Sounds like the cab will be ready for primer and blocking within the week, and paint after that. Sorry about the poor quality pics, they were texted to me.

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote