View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 06:36 PM   #224
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: My 1961 crew cab- XRMYCRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotruk63 View Post
First thread I've ever subscribed to. I've been missing out on a lot of progress.

substitute rear door hinge link

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/door-hinge-28-9-truck
thanks for subbing!
still keeping my eye out for what the coach builders used... that model a hinge looks similar to a hinge that was used on a different style crew.

been quiet over here: I got my crossmember taken apart and ready to pancake, pulled the short step bed off the donor truck, and pulled the lh fender and step off of that for rust repair...

also got the frame stripped down and ready for modifications.
for some reason on most 60-66 short steps that I have seen the rear wheel looks too far back in the fender.
I set a tire up next to the wheel well and moved it forward a little until it looked right, it looked to be about 2 inches forward...
after I got the bed unbolted I slid it back until the tire & wheel looked right in the opening, then I measured the difference on the mounting points, again I got 2 inches.
so the crew is a 30 inch stretch, added to a swb truck, I get a 145 inch wheel base. the frame I am using is a 133 inch 1 ton model, so I should be able to slide the leaf springs back 10 inches and have it look just right. I will also slide the front crossmember forward 1 inch to compensate for the lowering, so the final wb. will be 144....
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote